SherrieSpencer.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

movies that I'm watching...

2 posters

Go down

movies that I'm watching... Empty movies that I'm watching...

Post  Sherrie Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:08 pm

So anyone that knows me, knows I love to lose myself in a good movie. And also movies are just as important to me, as music when it comes to creating. Although it needs to be a movie that I've seen at least 20 or so times so that I don't need to look up every 2 seconds to see whats going on, and I can really get into my creating. Because when I create, its like part of my brain is working on the creation process and my imagination needs something to grasp onto (either music or movies playing in the background) so that I can focus. It's the only real way that I get anything done.

Anyways, lately I've been buying alot of DVDs, because their just soooo inexpensive and I don't have cable right now so I need something to do when I'm not creating.

I just bought Memoirs of a Geisha, which I thought was a truly beautifully done movie. I love the cinematography, it really puts you into another world when you watch it.

Vanilla Sky, I just bought too, and I though it was good, but it was like it wanted to be a cross between Total Recall and Fight Club, but didn't quite get there. But it's still a good movie to watch with a bizarre ending.

Star Dust also I bought a couple of months ago, and even though its really for little kids I found it very imaginative and fantasical. Thats defiently one for my creative rotations...

And of course I had to get Sweeney Todd. I love the look and feel of most of the movie, although the blood and gore in the last scene felt more like a B-movie then a Tim Burton film. But then again it was alot more horrific then Burton's use to.

There's the fours movies, out of about twenty that I've purchased in the last month, that I thought were pretty decent.

So what have you been watching lately?
Sherrie
Sherrie
Admin

http://sherriespencer.com

Back to top Go down

movies that I'm watching... Empty Hey yeah memoirs of a geisha

Post  tricor Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:04 am

Yeah i watched that movie a million times was my absolute fav movie of all time. actually inspired my mandarin dress and style kick. Seems though like the bali or indian look is coming around lately though.. and the asian theme is kinda dying out. but it's still very inspirational. I like anything that is original and movies that really make you contemplate life as well.

tricor

http://www.tricorfashions.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum